Agua Bendita and MT Costello

  • 0
Recently I attended a fashion show held by New York Fashion Shows at the Yotel in Manhattan. The location was perfect, seeing as we were on the fourth floor terrace. The surrounding buildings towered over the makeshift runway, making an incredible background.

The first show was Agua Bendita, which is a swimwear brand founded in Colombia. It was started in 2003 by two friends, Catalina Álvarez and Mariana Hinestroza, and is now acknowledged as one of the biggest up-and-coming swimwear brands.

Agua Bendita also scored model Kendall Jenner for their 2014 collection, which I was fortunate enough to see on the runway. Below are my photos of the collection and the teaser video for the Agua Bendita 2014 Swimwear Collection.












I thought this collection was really colorful and fun. It kept from being excessively skimpy like many bathing suits are nowadays, which I really appreciated. My personal favorite look was the white cover up that looked like a evening gown, as seen in the above pictures. It was so elegant, being light and flowy, and it was also cut so well to wear over a bathing suit. Many of the other bathing suits caught my eye, for either their shape or pattern.

Next up was the MTCostello collection. This collection is co-designed by Michael Costello and Stephanie Costello, and it is inspired by their gypsy upbringing. 






I found the MTCostello collection really interesting, but there was one thing that confused me. First of all, the dresses were all draped impeccably, as that is Mr. Costello's forte. The overall aesthetic was a cool mix of bohemian and edgy, which was right up my alley. I really appreciated his use of bright colors MODERATELY with black. The only thing that bothered me was the appearance of one male look as the second to last shown in the collection. I didn't get a good picture of it, but while it fit together aesthetically I thought that one guy threw off the cohesion of the collection.

Overall, it was a great experience and I'm really happy that I got to cover the shows as press.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment away! I want to hear YOUR opinions.